Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tengo Celos

Okay, so I wrote about the cenotes last Saturday, but I never wrote about the rest of my weekend.

Friday was super fun. The Mexican mom of Kassie and Sarah (2 girls in our group) threw a birthday party for them. And it was like a BIRTHDAY party. It was so cool. There was a fountain, like a chocolate fountain, except it was of chinmoy (sp???) to dip vegetables in. There were also waiters that walked around and asked what you wanted to drink. And there was a dance floor. It was so much fun. They played tons of American songs like YMCA and Ice, Ice Baby and all the Mexicans stared at us U.S. kids and laughed at us. Then the Mexican songs would come on and the Mexicans would get up and dance with partners doing the Salsa all perfectly. Then back to the American songs and we all got up and jumped up and down (the American way of dancing). Yeah, they all thought we were crazy. And we are.

It's so funny. I've been to like 3 or 4 dances since I've been here and it's so interesting to see the way the Mexicans dance compared to us. They are so much better. And they always dance with a partner.

Okay, so then the next day everyone was totally dead since we were dancing all night. But the cenotes were so much fun and we all woke up when we realized how cool they were. That night I went to sleep imagining I would sleep well because I was soooo tired. But I woke up at 3 am to my poor roommate throwing up. And that is right when two of the other girls got home (the 2 from Arizona State University). They had just gotten home from a club and one was drunk. So they came in our room and hung out with my roommie and me. They held back Rebekah's hair as she threw up. We never found out what was wrong, but Rebekah was throwing up for 2 days. She thinks she drank the water in a cenote or something.

Anyway, I am SO happy I didn't get sick from her. I was super scared.

Okay, lastly I just want to say that I miss my family and my boyfriend SOOOOO much!

Chris is out doing fun stuff with his friends in Idaho. And my family is posting all these funny and fun things on facebook about how they all went to see The Karate Kid last night together. I'm jealous. Tengo celos.

No comments:

Post a Comment