Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Mamá Mexicana

My mamá mexicana thinks I'm crazy. But she still loves me ha ha. I love her too, she is so funny. She talks and talks and loves to talk. And she loves to see movies and is so happy that us exchange students are here because she needs somebody to go see movies with. She won't take her husband because he doesn't know how to whisper (even though she answered her phone and whispered on it for 5 minutes in the middle of the past 2 movies I've seen with her). Ahh, she's soooo funny and crazy... but a good crazy.

Anyway, back to why she thinks I'm crazy. I asked her about superstitions (black cats, walking under a ladder, spilling the salt, etc.) just because I was curious if it was an American culture thing or if lots of cultures know of those same superstitions. She told me that some people believe them but that it's silly and there's no such thing. Well like 5 minutes later I spilled the salt and I put some over my shoulder. (Out of habit and maybe a little because of OCD). Anyway, she looked at me with a look that said, "what the freak are you doing you psycho face?!?!?!" And then she lectured me about how nothing bad will happen if I spill the salt and about how life depends on our choices and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment