Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quick Update

STORY TIME

OLD MAN: On Thursday on the way to school Alyssa and I walked up to the bus stop and there was a cute old man sitting there. I said "Buenos dias" and he started talking to me. He talked fast. Like super duper fast and I only understood about 10 words. From what I did understand, I knew he was looking for the same bus as my roomie and me. So every time a bus drove by he was say "Chulul?" Finally our bus came and we got on. He started singing really loudly and walking up the isle holding his hat down for money. His voice wasn't too bad. He was such a cute and friendly old man. So I gave him some money and left feeling happy that I made a new friend.

DOG: There are these 2 dogs that bark like crazy every time I walk by their house. It's so annoying and last time they really scared me because they came out of nowhere. So in my anger I stopped and yelled, "no!" And the dog just sat and looked at me. My roommates forevermore think I am awesome :)

WEATHER

It is getting cooler. It's been in the high 80s most days (the first month was 100 or hotter every day). Apparently May is the hottest month of the year here.

SERVICE

I mentioned that our group started a service project, right? Well we went for the second time on Thursday and it was not what I expected. We didn't work with the sick people like I thought. Instead we moved rocks. The hospital wants to make it a better place for the people staying there. So our job is to move a huge pile of rocks so they can build a garden. We will be continuing our work every Tuesday and Thursday for two hours. And of course we got stuck in the group with only 4 guys. There were lots of bugs and sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment