Thursday, May 13, 2010

Random Facts about Mexico

MEXICO
It`s not so different from home, except that there are TONS of cops. And they hold really big guns. Oh, and also, the kids don`t wear carseats! They just sit in shotgun on somebody`s lap. It´s absurd!

But... they have Siglo XXI which is Century 21 (the movie theater). And they have Cruz Roja Mexicana which is The Red Cross. And they have Trailor Parks... which are just called Trailor Parks, like in English. I will post pictures soon. When I figure out how.

MEXICAN DAD
Our Mexican dad is a doctor, but he`s retired so now he just helps poor people for free. Isn`t that cool? He`s so nice. He doesn´t talk very much. His family is big and loud, but he usually just stays quiet with a permanent smile on his face. He`s so happy.

BUG BITES
Oh, and I have tons of new bug bites and can`t find the freaking itching cream at the store. So Heidi is sending me some. Mom and Courtney, remember that time when you blended up oatmeal with water and put it all over my legs because they itched? (Well two times actually. Mom, you did it once, and Courtney, you did it once). Well I need your help again. Except, this time I need the oatmeal all over my whole body!

2 comments:

  1. Find some ointment that has menthol in it. The farmacias should sell little tins of mentol (I think that's menthol in Spanish. The fleas, etc. hate it. You can rub some on your sheets and they won't bite you at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're telling me I have fleas!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete