Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 Boston


We started this day by going to the Children's Museum. During out whole trip, we mostly used the subways all over Boston which was pretty convenient... most of the time. Alana and her daughter Elli met up with us this day and the kids had a ball. Everything at the museum was hands-on and perfect for the kids. There was one room where the kids could go in and paint pictures. They also got to mix paint and make their own colors. Katie made this beautiful pink color and named it "Sky Green." Don't ask.

Photobucket

On our way out of the museum we were looking in the Charles River and saw a TON of jellyfish. It was crazy. I couldn't believe there were so many jellyfish. I didn't even know that jellyfish lived in rivers.

Afterward, we tried to decide where to go for dinner. Kelly watches  this T.V. show called "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" where this guy goes to different restaurants and talks about which ones are delicious. Well, Kelly found out that there were like 6 of the restaurants from this show in Massachusetts and so we decided to go to one on this day. We noticed that one of the other places that we wanted to go to in Boston, the late Mugar Cafe, was close to Mike's Diner so we stopped by. The Mugar Cafe is only a 7 Eleven today, but it used to be my family's cafe, which my dad's grandfather opened up when he came over to the states. Anyway, finally we found Mike's Diner and it was closed. It closed at 3 p.m.! What kind of diner is that?! Some diner! Not even open for dinner.

Anyway, we found a nice girl and asked her where a good place to eat was. She led us to the Columbus Cafe and by this time the kids were starving. I could see their bones popping out! Okay, not really, but if you heard their complaining you would think their bones were popping out. As we were waiting for our food Katie said, "If I don't get my mac and cheese soon then I'm gonna probably die." That says it all. I promise it's not child abuse. The kid eats fine. When the food finally came it was great. I ate the yummiest cheeseburger of my life!

After dinner we hurried back to the hotel so Alana could drive home to Springfield. I was talking to Alana about how there are so many cemeteries in Massachusetts and she said, "Uhh, yeah. There are more cemeteries in Massachusetts than there are Del Tacos in California." Well, that's quite the feat.

Quote from Katie (while trying to wash her hands in the bathroom): "I don't know how do to Boston things. The water won't turn on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment