Friday, April 30, 2010

Minority

I now know how it feels to be the minority! AHHHH. I know I'm technically already a minority since I'm a woman. And yeah, I'm Mormon which makes me a minority too. But even in the states it's not always so noticeable (that I'm Mormon... hopefully it's noticeable that I'm a woman). Here, everybody stares. Now I know how black people in Utah feel. Or Muslims. Or all sorts of people. It's not fun being stared at all the time. I know that everyone is watching my every move (like when I fall on the bus) and every word I say (like when I say the wrong word in Spanish). It's so embarrassing, but it's just something I have to deal with.

Nevertheless, I'm having fun. It's hot here. 100 degrees today and super sticky and humid. I have two roommates, one is Rebeca and the other is a mosquito. It's great, hahaha!


I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment