Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Surprise Voice on the Phone

The weirdest thing happened the other day ago (don't make fun of the way I talk, my linguistics teacher said I could say "the other day ago" even if it is repetitive). So anyway, I called the Cat Clinic to make an appointment to get Amante and Leche neutered (poor little guys). So anyway, I told the lady on the phone that I needed an appointment for next week and she said Wednesday.
She asked for my name and I said, "Lauren Mugar. M. U. G. A. R."
She paused for a minute and then said, "Lauren, do you know who you're talking to?"
"Umm, no, who is this?" I asked.
"This is Kristin Llloyd!"
Kristin was one of my best friends in junior high school. I was with her constantly. We went our separate ways in high school, but my memories of her are good. I couldn't believe I was talking to her. Neither of us recognized the other's voice, but I hope we'll be able to get together some time soon and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment