Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Big Guns

Jelly fish in the water by the ship


July 6th was a hot day. I know, I know... I always say that. But this day was especially hot. Today we went to see the U.S.S. Constitution, which is a boat. It's a U.S. Navy boat. An old one. On the bottom level of the boat (or a guess a better word would be ship) are 24 pound long guns. Now, I'm not quite sure what that means, but they looked like cannons to me. One of the navy guys said that they are only called cannons on land, but on the ship they are called guns. And each one weighs as much as a small SUV.

After the ship, we went to... the State Capitol Building, I think. We entered in the General Hooker Entrance. Now, I still have no idea what this means, but it was funny so I took a picture with it. I thought prostitution was illegal in Massachusetts, but they have an entrance just for the hookers in their very own State Capitol Building.

No comments:

Post a Comment